Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The New Job

I've now got two days under my belt at my new job. So far, I'm pretty happy at how the job is working out. The two other programmers I work with are both smart and very easy to work with. I think we'll get along great.

Everyone else at the company has been very nice as well. It seems that everyone is good at what they do, excited about the company, and very happy to be in Park City. Nearly everyone there is from some other part of the country. So far I know of North Carolina, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, California, and Washington being represented.

Currently, I'm staying with my aunt, uncle, and cousin in Layton, Utah. They've been nice enough to let me have a room in their home while we try to sell the house back in Bellingham. They're a pretty easy-going family which is very nice.

The only downside to staying in Layton is that it means I'm commuting 1 hour each way. Fortunately, there is some tremendous scenery along my driving route. The picture is a little crooked, but that's what you get when you are taking pictures while driving.



Finally, I wanted to share a couple pictures I took today from the deck that is literally 5 feet from my desk. Today we had a bbq lunch out there. It was about 80 degrees and I was told that is just slightly warmer than usual. I like it here.



2 comments:

gabe said...

that's fantastic. sounds just like what you were hoping for. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

Brian this is Andy Rivas. Congrats! What does your startup do? What's your email address?