Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Drive to Park City Part 2

So I didn't end up taking any interesting detours today. Because I got into the hotel so late last night, I just slept in and left a bit later.

Today's drive was fairly uneventful and actually quite dull. Once you leave Boise, it's mostly just flat ground with mountains off in the distance. Other than the occasional canyon, there's not too much to see.

Once you get past the 86/84 split and start heading south, it becomes pretty desolate. This stretch is easily the most forgettable part of the drive.


I kept waiting for a "Welcome to Utah" sign so I could take a picture but I never saw one. I did end up taking a few random pictures while driving to help pass the time.

The first picture is of the Rockies in southern Idaho probably about a half hour before going into Utah. Please notice the lack of clouds in the sky.

The second picture is what the back of the Subaru looked like with 2 bikes, a suitcase, and a bunch of other random stuff.

The final picture shows the temperature as reported by the Subaru. I took that picture because I'm coming from low 50's and dumping rain on Tuesday to 89 and sunny on Saturday. This is a big reason why we're moving to Utah.



1 comment:

Cameron Watters said...

Somewhat ironically, this weekend (including Monday, so far) in Bellingham was beautiful!

That said, it won't last long here ;).

Glad the trip was safe and relatively painless.